First you must know what is refurbished iPhone? Some store selling the refurbished iphone to sell as a new device, so you must careful. When the new device was broken or found hardware issue, then the iphone had been repaired and will be resale, iPhones are typically considered “refurbished”. Usually the apple fans want to get new device as soon as possible, Ignore some problems.
These used iPhones work same as the new ones. But since they are used handsets, they have comparatively low price. Hence, people tend to buy these handsets. Today Uteku tech teaches you how to tell whether or not your iPhone has been refurbished.
Method #1 How to Identify Refurbished iPhone
- Check the Box and General Information
If you are one of the users having “how to check my iPhone brand new or used?” question, then checking the box and general information on the box might shed some light. If you are buying an iPhone from an authorized Apple dealer, then the packaging box will have all the information. It will also tell you if the iPhone that you have purchases is refurbished or not. Generally, Apple always mentions such details on the box and does not trick the users.
Other information that might present on the box will be the amount of memory in the device (such 32 GB, 64 GN, and so on), the model name of the iPhone, and different other general information. Hence, do not forget to check the box and general information to know if the iPhone is refurbished or not.
2. Check Model Number
The model number of an iPhone also helps you to check if the handset is new or refurbished. All you need to do is follow the given below steps.
Step 1: Go to Settings >> General >> About >> Model.
Step 2: Now, you will see here the model number of the iPhone. The model number starts with a specific letter.
Step 3: If the number starts with letter M, then your iPhone is a brand new one. If it starts with letter F, then it is refurbished one. If it starts with letter N, then the original device has been replaced by this model number by Apple upon user request.
3. Check Serial Number
The serial number of your handset also acts as one of the indicators to tell whether your device is new or refurbished. All you need to do is follow the given below steps.
Step 1: Go to Settings >> General >> About >> Serial Number.
Step 2: Now, note down this number because you would need this number later on.
Step 3: Now, visit the https://checkcoverage.apple.com website on any device and enter your serial number here and click continue. This will check iPhone refurbished status.
Step 4: If you get to see the “This phone has not been activated” message, then your iPhone is a new device, else it is a refurbished one.
Part 2: What to do if you bought a Refurbished iPhone
If you are one of the users that have bought the refurbished iPhone, then here are some tips that you need to follow.
1. Check if the handset is in good condition. Check all the ports and connections. See if all the connections are working fine. Make sure your device works fine wirelessly.
2. Next, check the physical condition of the iPhone. Check if the handset is damaged in any way, such as scratches. Make sure the screen and speakers are fine.
3. Next, you need to check if the device was stolen or not. Hence, it is better to purchase a refurbished handset from the authorized dealer.
4. You also need to check if the device is erased clean. There should not be any data.
5. In addition to this, you also need to check if the device is not jailbroken. This will ensure your privacy and security.