How many users had med this digital tv tuner device registration application problem? While you using the computer for a long time, you can find a ehprivjob.exe process at Task Manager, this is the why the computer was running so slowly. In this guide, we will show you how to fix or remove this digital tv tuner device.
NOTE: This error are reported to occur on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Before to fix , let’s to learn what is this digital TV tuner device application ?
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Basically, Majority of the people who come across the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application error have no clue about it. n broad terms, It is a scheduled task and is a part of the Windows Media Centre. It’s likewise known as ehprivjob.exe and is a non-system process resulting from a software that’s installed into your system.
What Causes the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Error?
Ehprivjob.exe is a running program that contains a machine code. If you run the Windows Media Center on your computer, the commands that the ehprivjob.exe has will also be executed. Therefore, it is loaded into your computer’s RAM and runs as a Windows Media Center process.
Since most of the installed programs will store data on your system and its registry, it may lead to fragmentation which results in creating invalid entries, thus ultimately slowing down the performance of your computer.
How To Fix Digital TV Tuner Application?
Tutorial 1: Delete the DRM Folder
The issue can be easily fixed by deleting all the contents in the DRM folder. The steps that should be followed are:
Step 1. Open My Computer on your computer system.
Step 2. Select the Programs option and then click on the Data folder.
Step 3. Now, open the Microsoft folder and select the Windows option.
Step 4. Delete the DRM folder present there.
Step 5. Restart your computer system so that the settings may take effect.
It is important to mention here that this method may or may not work in all the computer systems. Hence, you should use the next method for sure.
Tutorial 2: Uninstall Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If none of the above fixes worked for you, then you got only one way. You need to uninstall TV Tuner from PC. This way the problem of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application will go away for good. With this fix you can also delete any registry entries on your computer. For that:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features inside control panel.
- On the list of installed programs, look for your digital TV tuner and click it.
- On the upper portion of the window, click Uninstall.
- Simply follow the uninstallation wizard and wait for the process to complete.
- After that, go to your Registry Editor by holding Windows key + R then. Then type regedit in the Run dialog box.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to this address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\) and look for the folder containing your digital TV tuner then delete it.
- After that, navigate to this address and delete any entries (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui)
- Once you’re done, restart your PC.
Tutorial 3: Disable Any Scheduled Tasks
A task with the name ehdrminit is one of the major causes of this issue. Hence, disabling this scheduled task can help in fixing the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. You can follow these simple steps to disable the process:
Step 1. Click on the Start button and select Task Scheduler option.
Step 2. The Task Scheduler option window will be opened. You can use the keyboard shortcut as well.
Step 3. Click on Library, and then open the Microsoft folder.
Step 4. Now, open the Windows folder and disable the ehdrminit task.
Step 5. Close all the folders and then restart your computer system.
By this method, it is possible to fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application. However, other methods have also been discussed below.
Tutorial 4: Turn Off Windows Features
The very first fix, as suggested by a Quora user, involves turning off Windows features. This can be achieved using the following steps:
- Open your Control Panel by pressing the Windows key or clicking the Start button then typing Control Panel. Hit Enter once it appears.
- In your Control Panel, look for Programs and Features and click it.
- Alternatively, you can also open your Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R at the same time. Once the dialog box opens, type appwiz.cpl then click OK or hit Enter.
- Click the Turn Windows feature on or off option.
- Scroll down and look for Media Features then click the + sign to expand it.
- Look for Windows Media Center then uncheck the box right next to it.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer afterward.
Tutorial 5: Stop Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If the first method didn’t worked for you, then try this fix. You can stop any process from running on your computer (especially Digital TV Tuner). Just follow these steps:
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Alternatively you can Press Windows key + R to Run dialog box. Then type resmon and press Enter.
- Click to the Performance tab inside Task Manager and click the Open Resource Monitor located at the bottom.
- What you need to do is to take a look at the CPU, Memory, and Disk sections.
- In these sections look for the ehprivjob.exe process and stop it.
- Once you find it, simply right click on it then choose End Process.
- Here you can also stop other processes, if you think these are eating your memory.
Tutorial 6: Look for the Process Using the Resource Monitor and Stop It
Another fix is to stop the process from running on your computer. This fix is given by a user at SuperUser and involves the following steps:
- Open your Task Manager by holding the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys at the same time.
- In your Task Manager, go to the Performance tab and click the Open Resource Monitor located at the bottom.
- You can also use your Run dialog box by pressing Windows key + R. In the dialog box, simply type resmon then hit Enter.
- What you need to do is to take a look at the CPU, Memory, and Disk sections.
- Ideally, you want to look for the ehprivjob.exe process and stop it.
- To do so, simply right click on it then choose End Process.
- Also, it’s a good idea to stop other unimportant processes that are hogging your computer resources. This will help get rid of unwanted programs that only slow down your system.
Tutorial 7: Use the Resource Manager and End the Process
A good idea to fix the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application is to end the process which causes this issue, that is the ehprivjob.exe process. The steps to fix this issue using this method are:
Step 1. Open up the Windows Task Manager on your computer system. You can use the keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Alt + Del keys to open it.
Step 2. Click on the Performance tab and open the Resource Monitor in the window.
Step 3. Find the ehprivjob.exe process under the Processes tab and end it.
Step 4. To stop the process, select the process and click on End Process option.
Step 5. Click on OK button and then exit the Windows Task Manager.
Step 6. Now, restart the computer system so that the new settings may take effect.
How to Remove the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Here’s a quick guide on how to do this:
- Press Windows key + R to open up a Run dialog box. Then, type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open up the Programs and Files screen.
- Inside the Programs and Features screen, click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left-hand side menu.
- Wait until the Windows media Features menu is fully loaded, then expand the drop-down menu associated with Media Features and remove both checkpoints associated with Windows Media Player and Media Features.
- Click Yes at the confirmation prompt.
- Click Ok to enforce the changes, then wait for them to be enforced.
If you have any questions regarding the process detailed here, please feel free to leave a comment below.