Through this detailed guide, you will learn how to root and unroot LG X Charge without computer or using computer. The whole process is very simple, you can easily learn how to do. This guide is compliant with Android Pie, Oreo, and Nougat.
The LG X Charge was released two years ago in May 9, 2017 and came with Android Nougat 7.1 out-of-the-box. The phone recently received the Android Pie update and we also covered a detailed tutorial on how to manually it.
Even though the new update brings some hefty new features, you might sometimes feel that you need more. More of customization, more control over your device’s software, etc. This could be attained by rooting the phone or installing a fresh new custom firmware altogether.
And yet again, we have to mention that of root LG X Charge you lose your device warranty and if anything happens to your phone even when it’s in the warranty period, the company is going to charge you for the repairs.
How to Root LG X Charge
Step 1: Fulfill the Requirements
In order to follow the instructions below, you must first fulfill the requirements stated below.
Take a backup! The process maybe delete your data. You can also follow our guide on how to do it. You can also follow our guide on how to do it.
Charge your phone to a sufficient battery level. This shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
Please activate debugging mode in your smartphone.
1) Download Kingroot App for rooting
During the procedure, you will be asked to download certain required files. The download links for each of them have been mentioned below.
- Click here to download and install kingroot app.
- When you install the app, a pop-up prompt message will be appeared titled INSTALL BLOCKED, because you are now installing a custom app, please go to SETTINGS, then tap on UNKNOWN SOURCE as shown photos below.
- Once the app install done, plesat start it and click the button ONE CLICK ROOT.
- Now the process of root LG X Charge maybe spend more than 30 minutes, please make sure don’t disconnect from internet during rooting.
2) Through Root Genius Software with PC
You can also using computer to root your LG X Charge phone, you must install lg usb driver and need a usb cable, this way to root is quite bothersome
- Go to the following website “http://rootgenius.com/” and download the software on your computer.
- Now connect your smartphone in computer via USB cable.
- Make sure you enable USB DEBUGGING mode in your smartphone.
- After enabling USB DEBUGGING open the software and click on button Root It.
- Wait for few minute till rooting process is complete. After the process is complete go to your smartphone SETTINGS -> APPS and check if a Kinguser application is installed. If you found the app listed there then rooting has been installed perfectly.
Two ways to Unroot LG X Charge
Sometimes you need to unroot your x charge, now we share some ways below, which is easy you can learn.
Remove root/un root Android Device Without A Computer(video Guide)
1) Using Universal Unroot
- Visit android play store and install the app Universal Unroot on your smartphone.
- Once installed open the app and tap on UNROOT button.
- Once unroot process was finished then your phone is automatically rebooted and your phone is not rooted anymore.
2) Using Supersu App
- Go To Playstore and Download Supersu App.
- Now go to settings page, scroll down and tap on FULL UNROOT.
That’s all! This was our detailed guide on How to Root and Unroot LG X Charge. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below. We shall try to the best our knowledge to help you.