There are multiple methods to root samsung galaxy s7 phones, but if you want to fast and safe, the following steps is the best. The guide will help you disable forced encryption on your device, making the device partitions writable. This method is pretty simple.
First we must thanks the official maintainer of TWRP, XDA member — jcadduono, used his knowledge to compile a fresh build of latest TWRP v3.1.1-0 recovery for the S7 Edge.
You’ll have to do things in a very specific order, but follow along here, we are going to help you install TWRP recovery, disable forced encryption, and you’ll be root your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge in no time.
The advantages of rooting samsung galaxy s7
Here are some of the benefits of using a rooted Android phone.
- Custom ROMs can be installed, you can add features previously not available and improve the battery life and performance of your device.
- After you have rooted your samsung galaxy s7 phone, you can run special applications that require root access on your phone, such as Kernel managers, root file explorers, etc. When compared to regular applications, root applications provide more features.
- Removing pre-installed OEM apps
- Installing incompatible apps
- More display options and internal storage
Disadvantages of rooting
Let’s take a look at the demerits of rooting your Android.
1. The risk of ending up bricking your phone is even greater if you are new to rooting. One of the most common threats to a rooted Android device is misoperation, which could turn your device into an expensive, unusable brick.
2. Samsung Pay will not be available after you root.
3. Another big disadvantage of rooting Android is the fact that you lose your device warranty and if anything happens to your phone even when it’s in the warranty period, the company is going to charge you for the repairs.
The following Exynos S7 Edge models are supported:
Make sure to fulfill all the requirements below before you root Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge .
- The rooting process will delete your own personal data, please Backup your device completely.
- Enable OEM unlock, under Settings > Developer options.
1. Navigate to Settings > About Phone and find Build number. Tap it several times till it tells you are a developer now.
2. Tap back and select Developer Options, where you can turn on OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Please make sure your phone’s battery have more then 70% battery level, don’t power off when root galaxy s7.
- Compatible micro USB cable to connect the device with the PC.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers for your device on the PC.
- Please using 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the Odin Flasher v3.10.7 software to a suitable location
Also Read: How to Install the Odin Flash Tool on Windows PC
- Download CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7
- Download CF Auto Root for Galaxy S7 Edge
How to Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Once the above requirements are fulfilled, you can scroll down below and root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on android oreo/nougat/marshmallow. It’s very easy to rootting, We have provided the software must to download depending on the device you are using.
- Find the adb Installer download here. Right click the .exe file and select Run As Administrator. When it launches, type y in each dialogue. After that, restart your PC to make sure it’s installed.
- Click the above link to acquire a copy of CF Auto Root that contains Odin executable files and rooted boot image (ended with.tar.md5). Now run the EXE file as administrator and install it on your desktop so that you can quickly locate it.
- Please shut down your Samsung device and press the Power button, Volume-down button and Home button simultaneously to enter the Download Mode. Use the Volume Up button to verify your decision. After that, connect your GS7/GS7 Edge with computer.
- The last step is to click AP option on Odin main menu to import the .tar file we just downloaded. Wait for a few seconds till you see a message saying Leave CS on Log tab. After that, click Start button to root your Samsung device.
The root process will take automatically. The first boot may take a bit of time, so don’t hassle and let it boot.
- To see whether the device has been fully rooted, you are good to download and run Root Checker app to verify the Superuser privilege. If you are prompted with “Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!” That means you did everything right.
I hope this guide was helpful to Root and Install Odin on PC, If yes then please give the star rating. If not leave a message, We will help you, If you have any doubts or face any issues during the process.