Why many users want to root the LG V30 smartphone, because that they can install flash custom ROM and remove pre-installed crapware like system apps. Through this detailed lg v30 root guide, you can easy unlock the bootloader first on Android Oreo, then root the LG V30 with Magisk and TWRP.
We must thanks for the developers, they always find the best ways to around it, please note these methods are compliant with Android Pie, Oreo, and Nougat. Works for LG V30/V30+/V30S device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme XT.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
Advantages of Rooting:
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme XT.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- You can get access to all files on your Realme XT, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
- By Rooting Realme XT, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on LG V30/V30+/V30S
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on LG V30 (H930 and H930) handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- Download Latest Magisk 20.0 Stable installer zip from here
- RCTD (LG Firmware’s Root Checker) Remover: AK3_RCTD_Remover.zip (Original XDA thread)
- Forced-encryption Disabler: Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data. The process involves formatting your phone completely.
- Download and install the latest LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- This guide and file are only supported by LG V30 / V30 + / V30S. Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock the bootloader on LG V30. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 70%, this shall help avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
- Ensure that USB Debugging is enabled on your phone. check the step below:
1. Go to the ‘Settings‘ menu on your Android device.
2. Select ‘System‘ and tap on ‘Advanced‘ (Only on Android 8.0 and above).
3. Now tap on ‘Developer options‘.
4. Scroll down to the ‘Debugging‘ section.
5. Turn ON the ‘USB debugging‘ toggle.
6. You should now see a confirmation prompt on the screen.
7. Finally, tap on ‘OK‘ to confirm and enable USB Debugging on your Android device.
Instructions to Install
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
- Download TWRP Recovery for LG V30/V30+/V30S: Download Here
- Copy the downloaded file to the folder where the Android SDK platform-tools were installed (e.g. C:\adb).
- Hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option
- Now, connect your LG V30 device to the PC using the USB cable and make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on it.
- Enter the following command in the PowerShell window to reboot your phone into Fastboot Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once in Fastboot Mode, execute the following command to install the TWRP recovery image on LG V30:
fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.2.3-7-default.img
- Now, it is important that you immediately boot your LG V30 into TWRP recovery mode. If the phone accidentally boots into the OS, then DM-verity will be triggered.
- To boot your phone directly into TWRP recovery mode, enter the following command:
fastboot boot TWRP-3.2.3-7-default.img
- Swipe the ‘Swipe to Allow Modifications’ button when prompted.
- Go to the ‘Wipe’ menu in TWRP and swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ button.
NOTE: if you’re prompted to install the TWRP anytime, make sure that you tap on the ‘Do Not Install’ button.
Steps to Root LG V30/V30+/V30S using Magisk
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. Here is the guide on how to root LG V30 smartphone. Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable).
- Download the Magisk Installer, Forced-Encryption Disabler, and RCTD Remover zip files on your PC.
- Go to the ‘Mount’ menu in TWRP and tap on the ‘Enable MTP button’.
- Connect your LG V30 device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer all the downloaded files to the phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now go to the TWRP main menu and tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Navigate to the storage and select the Magisk Installer zip (Magisk-v19.3.zip) file.
- Now tap on the ‘Add More Zips’ button and select the Forced-encryption Disabler zip (Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip) file.
- Tap on ‘Add More Zips’ button again and this time select the RCTD Disabler zip (AK3_RCTD_Remover.zip) file.
- Now, with all three files added to the flashing queue, swipe the ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ button.
- After the flashing process finishes, go back to the TWRP main menu.
- Go to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Format Data’ and enter ‘Yes’ in the provided field to format the device completely (including the internal storage).
- Go to TWRP’s ‘Reboot’ menu and tap on ‘Recovery’ to reboot your LG V30 back into TWRP recovery mode.
- Now, you will need to reflash Magisk. To do so, use the ‘Enable MTP’ option in TWRP and transfer the file to the phone’s internal storage.
- Note: If you previously transferred the files to the external storage (MicroSD card), then you can skip this step.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button in TWRP and select the Magisk Installer zip file.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to flash the file and finally root your LG V30/V30+/V30S.
Tap on the ‘Reboot System’ button once the flashing process finishes. Your LG V30 should now boot into the OS and you should see the ‘Magisk Manager’ app installed on it. Your phone should be rooted now.
That’s all! the phone will reboot automatically into a fresh rooted system. So guys these are all possible methods to Root lg v30. the methods are almost same but platforms are different. If you have any problems regarding the installation process, leave a comment below. We’ll get back with most possible solutions.